Skip to main content
European Commission logo
“Blue Book” traineeship programme

How should I declare part-time work experience?

As only full-time experience can be declared in the "Professional Experience" and “International Experience” sections, please convert your part-time work to its full-time equivalent (8 hours per day). For example, one month of part-time work (at a rate of 50% of full-time) is equivalent to 15 days of full-time work.

A full-time workday is considered to be 8 hours.

To convert part-time work to full-time days:

  1. Calculate the total number of hours worked part-time.
  2. Divide the total part-time hours by 8 (the number of hours in a full-time workday).