Our vision and mission
Here at the European Commission’s Traineeships Office, we believe in equality and diversity. To ensure the Blue Book Traineeships Scheme offers equal opportunities to everyone and reflects the diversity of Europe today, we uphold the following principles and work towards the following objectives
- increase diversity in the talent pool and ensure selected Blue Book trainees are representative of the diverse EU citizens we serve
- put special measures in place to maximise equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, membership of a national minority, disability, age or sexual orientation
- respect inclusion in selection procedures and provide all candidates with an equal opportunity to fully demonstrate their competencies by identifying and eliminating their blocking factors, possible biases and risks of discrimination
- promote equal opportunities and engage with various stakeholder groups and expert organisations to reach out to more diverse talent
- pay the utmost attention to eliminate all forms of discrimination during the traineeship
Diversity staff networks
The Traineeships Office works together with Commission staff networks active in diversity and inclusion matters to bring about positive change by advancing diversity and inclusion in the EU institutions.
These networks warmly welcome trainees to join them during their internship. They act as a contact point for candidates that would like to discuss confidential personal issues linked to diversity and inclusion that would impede them from applying to the traineeships scheme.
ASDEC: Association of Staff with a Disability in the European Commission
Contact us by email at EC-STAFF-DISABILITY-ASDEC@ec.europa.eu
DIVERSITÉ: Staff association for ethnic diversity and against ethnic or racial discrimination
Contact us by email at EC-DIVERSITE-EUROPE@ec.europa.eu
Visit our website for more information: https://diversiteeurope.eu
ÉGALITÉ: Association of LGBTI+ staff matters in the EU institutions
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for more information: www.egalite-online.eu
Trainees with a disability and/or medical condition
The Traineeships Office has established a reasonable accommodations procedure allowing candidates who need special adjustments (due to a disability or a medical condition) to apply for and participate in the programme.
If you have a disability or a medical condition that may require reasonable accommodations during your traineeship, please inform the Traineeships Office.
An increase in monthly grant can also be provided (up to 50%), based on the assessment of the documentation you provide to the Traineeships Office (medical certificate or official reference document).
Information on how to find adapted housing during the traineeship in Brussels or Luxemburg is available on request.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com. The Traineeships Office will personally accompany trainees with a disability or a medical condition, in full confidentiality.
Multicultural and very inclusive workplace